Master Chubdam Database

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Master Chubdam Database

Postby The Hydromancer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Probably one of the frames I've most enjoyed the experience of building, introducing the Strike Chubdam! Based on the Strike Gundam from Gundam Seed, the new Chubdam also incorporates the three strike packs designed to give it a wide variety options. The Fencer pack adds an anti-ship fusion edge that combines the power of a fusion edge with the reliability of more standard blades, a reinforced gauntlet that is lighter than a full shield but still strong enough to take a hit, and a fusion edge boomerang that can take opponents by surprise. The Assault pack includes a shoulder mounted double rocket launcher and a powerful heavy rifle mounted on a pivot arm on the backpack. Next, the Agile pack includes a strike rifle and shield, along with the highly capable agile flight pack. Finally, all three strike packs can combine for what is known as the Chimera load out, maximizing the Strike Chubdam's firepower and mobility. Aside from the strike packs, notable features of the Chubdam include an improved four prong command antenna, an adjustable back pack to accommodate the agile flight pack, and skirt armor fusion edge storage.

ImageStrike Chubdam w/ Chimera load out by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageTraveling in style by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Image1-oh-fife by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAnti-ship fusion edge by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAdjustable backpack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageFusion edge boomerang by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStrike Gundam w/ soldier load out by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAgile flight pack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStrike rifle by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStrike Chubdam w/ assault load out by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImagePivot arm by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAdjustable backpack ready for agile flight pack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStrike Chubdam options by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Gundam Seed is one of my least favorite series, but I really like the way this frame came out. Only adjustment I plan on testing is replacing the skirt armor stored fusion edge hilts with knives once I get my hands on some.

Personally, I really like the combo of the Agile Fencer load out:

ImageStrike Gundam with agile pack and Fencer pack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mrtyler603 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:05 am

Sorry hydro but that is false advertising. I is obviously the perfect strike chubdam you've made yet you call it the strike chubdam. I'm just kidding. I really love your chubdams. They manage to capture the key features and characteristics of the gundams they are based off of really well. Thank you for the stud.io files.
Mrtyler603
Young Gun

Postby The Hydromancer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:14 pm

Mrtyler603 wrote:

Sorry hydro but that is false advertising. I is obviously the perfect strike chubdam you've made yet you call it the strike chubdam. I'm just kidding. I really love your chubdams. They manage to capture the key features and characteristics of the gundams they are based off of really well. Thank you for the stud.io files.

My version of the Perfect Chubdam Chimera Pack includes the Agile pack shield and rifle stored for standby. Also replaced the plasma edge hilts stored in the skirt armor with anti-frame daggers. Might recycle the look of the skirt stored plasma edges for a later design though. Occurs to me I never added the two flight pack mounted plasma edges, but I think there's enough going on as it is that I'm okay with omitting that detail.

ImagePerfect Strike Chubdam Chimera, with Agile pack shield and rifle stored. by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageEverything but the kitchen sink by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStrike Chubdam with skirt stored anti-frame daggers by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageWhen plasma edges can't cut it by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Also got my new Gundam Mk-II shirt in the mail, so it was a good time to update my Chubdam Mk-II. All it really needed was to slightly extend out the chest, add the new back skirt armor plate, and a new backpack. Really like how the new backpacks have been turning out, up to several variations by now depending on the source material. I think they'd work quite nicely with a standard Chub as well (as long as one was willing to reposition the energy pack). Sadly due to space issues I had to replace the charging packs for the back mounted plasma edges with standard plasma edge mounts, but its a small sacrifice for the new backpack design.

ImageNew Gundam MK-II swag by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageDream big kid by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Previous

Return to Frame Designs