[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - AS SEEN ON TV

AS SEEN ON TV

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

AS SEEN ON TV

Postby Blorf » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:15 am

Blorf
Mod Team

Re: AS SEEN ON TV

Postby Mantisking » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:25 am

oh god. I'm going to have to do another blog post, aren't I. :lol:

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Red_Robot » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:50 am

...and when you're done with it, it makes a fine compost. I gotta say this is adorable. It's like Wall-E in reverse. Also NPU on that coffee mug.

Aaaannnnndddd, you stole my idea! I am working on some fiction that entails some would-be revolutionaries buying another brand name of frames *cough* that ship in their own chassis. Beaten to my own -brilliant- idea! Again! Once more I am relegated to a hack.
When the Weepers first came through the gate, we didn't know why. We only knew that they were angry.
Red_Robot
Been Around The Block

Postby MoronicCinamun » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Man, I want to join in but all the ideas are taken, plus I dont have parts and stuff XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MoronicCinamun
Talkative

Postby Vitoria » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:07 pm

I wonder if "Frame in a box" will be the next fad! :lol:

I love the tiny droid arms, they really give it a cartoon character vibe.
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:57 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Vitoria » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby gusindor » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:26 pm

Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Atavism » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:52 pm

This was wonderful. The snarky pitch-men made me laugh, especially.

I can totally see how this came to be:

Henchman: "We have tons of frame parts laying around, but nothing that we can make a full frame out of. We could make more, but after the Unionist Oppressors evacuated the habs we barely have enough people left to run the mines, much less manufacturing."
Felix: "What's in that warehouse, over there?"
Henchman: "Oh, just the crates the assembled frames ship out in. We got a big load of them just before the Revolution kicked off."
Felix: "Hm.... I have an idea."

later

Mihoul Raechsoun: "No, no. And no. We're leaving."
Felix: "But whyyyyyyy?!"

As for the build: I really like the spindly pop-up head. It really reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on what it was... Maybe the trash compactor monster from Star Wars? Maybe Johnny 5... I don't know. I really like it though. (Edit: R2D2's periscope when he's in the Dagobah swamp.) That hot pink gun would look really great in a more subdued color, the way the cup feeds into the bottom tube is particularly clever.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby mraichelson » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:49 pm

I put together frame building kits (and links to folks selling companies) at .
mraichelson
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Atavism » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:05 pm

Atavism
Mod Team

Postby mraichelson » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:10 pm

I put together frame building kits (and links to folks selling companies) at .
mraichelson
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:01 pm

<<<Link Complete: You have a caller!>>>

Ugh...

Caller: ... Hello?

Hi! You've reached the TVC call center. Uh... Thank YOU for your call. What product can I help you with today?

Caller: Yes, I'd like to order the Karr-Tunn I just saw Bob and Sophie selling on my screen.

Why?

Caller: I'm sorry, what?

Uhm... Yes, of course, ma'am. I'll pull that up for you right now!

Caller: I would also like to mention the code, "Stand with Him." That's a discount, right?

What? Oh, that. No. I'm sorry ma'am, that promotion was for a different product.

Caller: Oh, I'm sorry.

That's no problem ma'am.

Caller: Am I ordering the right thing?

I'm sorry ma'am. I do not know which product you mean to order. You wanted the Karr-Tunn, correct?

Caller: I think so? That's the one that's made with the box, right? I don't need one of those war frames like that beastly Twankus man is always pitching during Mike's hour.

Ok ma'am, the Karr-Tun is one we want today then.

Caller: I thought so. You don't have to send the free laser either, while you're putting in the order. I just need something to pick my peaches, and this seemed like the right way to go.

Uh-huh...

Caller: Yes, I just was seeing Bob pointing at its big boxy chest and I thought, "wouldn't that be great? It could just pick peaches right into itself." I knew I had to get one.

Uh-huh...

Caller: It'll save me so much time around my little orchard I just don't know what I'll do with myself... I guess I can watch more TVC. *laughs*

Yes ma'am. That'd be great ma'am. uh... All of us here at TVC really appreciate how dedicated to our channel customers like you are!

Caller: And that Bob. He's so handsome. Sometimes I wish he'd just come down here and help pick my peaches.. if you know what I mean.

Welp! Looks like I've got everything set up on my end. I just need to get your home coordinates and we can have a Karr-Tunn right out to you. While I have you on the line, are you interested at all in our line of hand-made Jovian pressure beads?

Caller: Well, they are pretty, but I don't really go for stuff like that...

They're Bob's favorite.

Caller: How much are they?
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:21 pm

6 to 8 weeks later...
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby gusindor » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:28 pm

That's adorable!
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Atavism » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Atavism
Mod Team

Postby sBritcher » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:59 am

This is all kinds of amazing. I love the idea of someone's Grandma piloting a Frame to do her Gardening.
sBritcher
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:00 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Next

Return to Frame Designs