Twanks? Twanks!

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Twanks? Twanks!

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Lovely twanks as usual, happy to see those 1x1 bricks with eyes as heads again! :D

Also, strips of yellow on grey looks extremely classy here!

They have one problem though, and that is the fact that once I gave them hands I felt like I really ought to have them doing something with them. You may need to ignore the guns when imagining the loadouts, as they are probably broken

When I make a frame with too much guns I just say it is d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd with the label "lots of shooty stuff" after it on the loadout description. :lol:
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 am

Thank you Vitor! Honestly, the color scheme was equal parts good color theory as it was that I had gotten a bunch of yellow jumpers from the Pick a Brick wall.

VitorFaria wrote:When I make a frame with too much guns I just say it is d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd with the label "lots of shooty stuff" after it on the loadout description. :lol:

That is very wise, a bit on the "Space Ork" side of life though. :mrgreen:
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:56 am

Atavism wrote:"Tubbies"

And if I'm making Twankchubs. I ought to make a Twankchubdam, right? Introducing the inestimable "Liopleurodon Ziggurat." Defender of Love and Peace with his engine of ultimate destruction and infinite soliloquy. Seen here with dual Z-Wave Energy Blades and the secret experimental Negative Space Beam Array stuck in its chest.

I'm very happy with how he turned out, though the weird dimensions made him a pain to capture on film.

----

Artasid wrote:
Like I said: FAR Surpasses Mine!! lol :lol:
I do admit that the bunker look to it does deserve a place in an alternate World War II setting. I'd recreate it myself but I don't have any of those 1x1 bar pieces you used for the feet... :(

I'm not sure. Maybe there's some technical stuff in there that outshines yours, but I really think I prefer your take on the subject. Something about the shape you got was really nice. Glad the World War X vibe worked for you. I originally wanted to put a microfig on top with some sandbags, but I just couldn't get it to work at this scale and with the space available. At least, not with attaching to the frame.

Again... I feel unworthy to gaze upon such greatness. Thank you for sharing these Atavism, although I would like to ask, where you found those purple pieces? Special order or were they in a set?

I actually went ahead and decided to build more to my 'cheesy Twank'

BEHOLD THE POWER OF CHEESE!!!! Strong enough to make a Naked-Mole Rat forget where his loyalties lie. (Bragging Rights to whoever gets this reference. lol)

ImageLacTwank Gouda Twank Company
ImageHeavy Gouda BattleTwank
Heavy BattleTwank: d6Rd d6Rd Turret Cannon, d6B Armor Plates, d6B More Armor Plates, d6G Foot Stabilizers
ImageLight Recon/Scout Gouda Twank
Light Recon/Scout: d6Y Telescopes, d6Y Radio Antenna, d6B Side Armor, d6G Exhaust Pipe, d8G No Ranged Weaponry, d8Rr d8Rr d8Rr 3 White Cheddar Grenades

I'm getting hungry for some reason... :?
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Apologizes for the double post, but I wanted to share the newest members to my Gouda Twank Squad: LacTwanks.

Image2 More for the Gouda
LEFT: d6Rh d6Rh Ramming Targe, d6B Side Armor, d6G Foot Stabilizers, d6G Turbo Fin, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
RIGHT: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Artillery Mortars, d6Y Frontal Sensor Dome, d6G Foot Stabilizers.

With these 2 new recruits, I now have a 5 man Cheese Company. lol :lol:

Also, while looking back at all the new Twanks I recently constructed, I realized the mini Wheel Well piece for Red Bulk's frontal armor might not be an easy piece to acquire, so I decided to make another Bulk, but using only the more familiar and readily available Wheel Well element.

ImageRed Bulk MK2 Twank
Bulk MK2: d6Ra d6Ra Artillery Cannon, d6B Frontal Armor, d6Y Telescopes, d6Y Location Radar.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Atavism » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:09 pm

You win the award for Cheesiest Company! Special thanks to the New Wisconsin Cheese-vat Workers Local 359.

The new Twanks look great, the weird sharp angles work well with the theme. That new bulk looks really great, as well. The longer cannon really suits it.

To answer your question about the "medium lavender" pieces, they're 90% bricklink bought. I've a few from the PaB wall, and some came from a creative box, and they occur naturally in Elves and Friends sets currently. Big fan of the color, and I'm glad it is becoming more common.

Also, I forgot to take pics of this guy with the rest. He's inspired by this, though he loses some of the martial awe in his twankening.

Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Omega_Tahu » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Love the dragon twank. It looks really great, and pretty similar to the art.
The LF-D5 "Stub" is the top of the line in agriculture frames, designed to haul heavy farm equipment. It is also easy to repair, with standardized connections between all joints. Buy one today.

Also, it's also quite cute on the battlefield....
Omega_Tahu
Talkative

Postby Obbyking » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Yea I'm 'borrowing' that Twank. Keep an eye out for a dragon frame sometime here soon....
Long time no meme
Obbyking
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:39 pm

I guess it's a coincidence, but that dragon twank actually looks somewhat like the dragon from battletech.
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Omega_Tahu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:31 am

The LF-D5 "Stub" is the top of the line in agriculture frames, designed to haul heavy farm equipment. It is also easy to repair, with standardized connections between all joints. Buy one today.

Omega_Tahu
Talkative

Postby Hesedguy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:27 pm

Because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, AND because group has decided to play in a slightly smaller scale... furthering the reverse size creep.

Introducing the Scuttle, in Forest Camo
ImageScuttle, Forest Camo by Uther_1009, on Flickr
Chunker Cannon d6Rd d6Rd, Chinker gun d8Rd, SSR d8Rd, Armored sides d6B, Antenna d6Y

BEHOLD THE GREAT MIGHT OF THE SCUTTLE! Built from the ground up as a stable weapons platform with it's oversize feet. It includes sturdy rounded sides to deflect incoming fire. It can let loose a punishing barrage with its DUAL cannons, the Chunker and the Chinker. The UtiRack® provides a sturdy base for any number of attachments (sold separately). Stay up to date on battle movements with the included radio antenna. One SSR included in your first order!
Last edited by Hesedguy on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hesedguy
Newcomer

Postby Omega_Tahu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:40 pm

It's so cute. I can't even. I want an army of them.

Omega_Tahu
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:46 pm

It might be a coincidence of convergent building, but I'm certain someone posted an almost identical micro-twank around here before!
VitorFaria (she/her)
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Hesedguy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:00 pm

The Space Twank Ace from here might be what you're thinking of, and it's a direct ancestor (I started with one and then worked my way to what I built).
Hesedguy
Newcomer

Postby Atavism » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Omega_Tahu wrote:Love the dragon twank. It looks really great, and pretty similar to the art.
More Knockoffs?....

Thanks! I like you're knockoffs, the way you handled the side panels is pretty interesting.

Obbyking wrote:Yea I'm 'borrowing' that Twank. Keep an eye out for a dragon frame sometime here soon....

Look forward to it!

VitorFaria wrote:I guess it's a coincidence, but that dragon twank actually looks somewhat like the dragon from battletech.

It does! I renamed it after Omega_Tahu called it a "dragon" though. I originally just pulled "Mastodon" out of nowhere to give it a name at all.

Hesedguy wrote:Because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, AND because group has decided to play in a slightly smaller scale... furthering the reverse size creep.

Introducing the Scuttle, in Forest Camo

What a cutie! There's been a few different takes on micro/5p twanks before, and yours is certainly a worthy addition!
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Ok I admit it, I love Twanks. Who can blame me? NO ONE! That's who lol

I've made yet another new Twank. I had this weapon constructed for a while now, but until recently, I was not able to decide what to put it on, then I realized that only a Twank would be worthy enough and powerful enough to weild such a system

ImageMorty, the ArtillaTwank
Morty: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Really REALLY Big Guns, d6Y d6Y Dual Targeting Scopes.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:52 pm

VitorFaria (she/her)
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 am

VitorFaria wrote:Huh

Damn, I never even thought of that! Nice catch Vitor!
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:04 pm

I managed to get a hold of a few Ninjago Ice Tank polybags. Those tread pieces are a bit interesting to work with. I've tried them on various frame designs, but the one frame that I've always liked to see with treads was the famous Twank! So I went ahead and made one

ImageTreadmark Twank
Treadmark: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Obliterator Cannon & Gun Turret, d6Y Frontal Floodlight

My first build of this actually did not have arms so I could stay as close as I could to the original design, the problem however is that it looked too much like it came from the game Metal Slug, which is not necessarily a bad thing but it didn't look 'Framey' enough. Hence: Arms. lol :lol:
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Artasid wrote:I managed to get a hold of a few Ninjago Ice Tank polybags.

I still have a lot in my area if you're looking for more.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Artasid wrote:My first build of this actually did not have arms so I could stay as close as I could to the original design, the problem however is that it looked too much like it came from the game Metal Slug, which is not necessarily a bad thing but it didn't look 'Framey' enough. Hence: Arms. lol :lol:

Looks great! I actually considered doing one like this, but I didn't for that exact reason! :lol:
Atavism
Mod Team

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs