Gold Crusaders

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Gold Crusaders

Postby Ironclaw Buzzardier » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:47 pm

Here is the company my 6 year old put together, including the harrier by Dukayn, the jerboa by mraichelson, and a flying Liger thats a hybrid of deigns featured in Brick Journal by Sage Coulson and Kyle Peckham.

Gold Crusaders: JERBOA by Ironclaw Buzzardier, on Flickr

Gold Crusareders: HARRIER MK 2 by Ironclaw Buzzardier, on Flickr

Gold Crusaders: FLYGER by Ironclaw Buzzardier, on Flickr

Gold Crusaders: CENTITOID by Ironclaw Buzzardier, on Flickr

Gold Crusaders: STATIONS by Ironclaw Buzzardier, on Flickr

Gold Crusaders by Ironclaw Buzzardier, on Flickr
Ironclaw Buzzardier
Young Gun

Re: Gold Crusaders

Postby Dukayn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:38 am

Nice! The Harrier looks cool :) As do the rest, of course. Really nice job.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby Ironclaw Buzzardier » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:01 am

Thanks, yeah it was the one he needed the most help with, and we were missing some pieces on color. Do you have one of these MK 2s in the brick? I ask because we had to mod some of it for stability. Especially in the Travis brick that makes up the bicep, we took out the technic half pin that held the claw because the Travis brick didn't have any friction to keep the arm from swinging freely. Wasn't sure if we were just doing it wrong or what. Anyway, thanks for the awesome instructions!
Ironclaw Buzzardier
Young Gun

Postby Dukayn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Ironclaw Buzzardier wrote:Do you have one of these MK 2s in the brick? I ask because we had to mod some of it for stability. Especially in the Travis brick that makes up the bicep, we took out the technic half pin that held the claw because the Travis brick didn't have any friction to keep the arm from swinging freely. Wasn't sure if we were just doing it wrong or what.

No, and that's a good point. I think you've got it right with how you've got the claw coming straight out of the Travis brick. I probably just forgot about that when I made the instructions. I usually use a half-pin in a 1x1 brick for forearms and it holds in place fine, but I forget the Travis brick is a bit looser inside.

Was there any other stability issues? The arms are the only part that I haven't bricked up before and it's a decently solid piece from my experience.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby Ironclaw Buzzardier » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:26 pm

Right in the waste there is a bit that we fiddled with (right above the motor brick). Whatever we did switched a one stud connection to a two stud connection and fixed the issue. One of the ankles is kinda fiddly too, but since it's only one I think we might just need a tighter piece. We need to brick him out a proper weapon too but I'm coming up on a bunch of papers due so it'll have to wait. My son really likes the looks of it though!
Ironclaw Buzzardier
Young Gun

Postby Pippi Shortstack » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 am

Again, I love your presentation! You have a great eye, Buzzardier!

You should totes add these to your battle report!
"Volkodav Industries DBE-02 Medved: If you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherhutcher on your lawn, accept no substitutes." -- M3tschenniy
Pippi Shortstack
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs