B-011 Hawk - Heavy Constructor Quad

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

B-011 Hawk - Heavy Constructor Quad

Postby Blorf » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:11 am

B-011 is a modular design with a variety of possible attachments. For example, the frame depicted here was originally put into use as a construction unit where the heavy drill, excavation, and terraforming configurations would have been of use. The highly stable platform allows this variety at the cost of some movement speed. Heavy attachments have less mass than purpose-built frames, which allows smaller total mass to be sent through transit gates when a variety of heavy tasks are required. This unit was re-purposed for combat and fitted with offensive weaponry.

_MG_2596.jpg
_MG_2596.jpg (45.74 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

This was my second quad without the use of that fantastic octagonal bar piece. The connection hub where the legs come together is therefore a bit bulky with parts to just make things stable. That definitely helps it as a play piece; this one feels great to have on the table and pretty intimidating. The legs tend to splay out as you move it, but that's easily corrected as you play. Loadout versatility pretty much comes with changing out the arms.

UPDATE: Adding LXF.
Hawk.lxf
(17.43 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

LDD weirdness: The head should attach closer to the body, and the bars should press further into the 1×1 rounds at the arms.
Last edited by Blorf on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Re: B-011

Postby jugglervr » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:54 pm

The use of the chairs here is very nice. It makes the cockpit look really natural.
jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby studless » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:23 pm

That is one epic quad...

And I have always wanted to use chairs, but have never found a good use like you have.

Didn't have a micro/mech/space/halo/alien/starcraft/star wars/WWII/LDD/brickarms/exo-force/mars mission description. :'(
studless
Chatty

Postby Thaddeus » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:33 pm

This is my favorite frame of yours so far.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Re: B-011 Heavy Constructor Quad

Postby Blorf » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks for the nice comments. I suppose if I find some time I can start working on build documents for a few of these.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs