Masterpiece frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Masterpiece frames

Postby HyveMynd » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 pm

MittenNinja wrote:Well, out of everything thus far I'd probably put my iguana down as a 'masterpiece.' Its definitely the design of mine that got the most attention anyways.

ST-09 Iguana: Final Revision by Mitten Ninja, on Flickr

Would someone be nice enough to tell me the parts number of the tires making up the Iguana's forearms? That's the one piece I"m unsure of. Thanks. :)
@HyveMynd on Twitter

I stand with Twankus!
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby MittenNinja » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:53 pm

HyveMynd wrote:
MittenNinja wrote:Well, out of everything thus far I'd probably put my iguana down as a 'masterpiece.' Its definitely the design of mine that got the most attention anyways.

ST-09 Iguana: Final Revision by Mitten Ninja, on Flickr

Would someone be nice enough to tell me the parts number of the tires making up the Iguana's forearms? That's the one piece I"m unsure of. Thanks. :)

I'm pretty sure its this guy.
The Transit Gate: A MFZ Podcast
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby HyveMynd » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:06 am

Awesome! Many thanks.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

I stand with Twankus!
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby A YATES INDUSTRIALS » Mon May 19, 2014 10:52 am

A YATES INDUSTRIALS wrote:Image
AGM-23 [ANKOLE] by A YATES INDUSTRIALS., on Flickr
This is my masterpiece.... the Advanced "GUNMATE" ....

here it is....
o)-<|:
A YATES INDUSTRIALS
Grizzled Veteran

Postby FragsturBait » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 am

KING SICURO
FragsturBait
Talkative

Postby Jdub-cc56 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:34 am

This would have to be my masterpiece its my seventh frame i have built so far. It is the same height as a super chub without the wings. I call it the "IJAD Alcolyte"
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127280294 ... 534042407/
Im not sure how to post the actual pictures yet so... :oops:
People say I'm random but....... Squirrel!
Jdub-cc56
Young Gun

Postby Jdub-cc56 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:41 am

Sorry for posting twice but I figured it out! :D
ImageIJAD alcolyte by whitfilljb, on Flickr
The IJAD Alcolyte
Jdub-cc56
Young Gun

Postby gusindor » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Jdub-cc56 wrote:This would have to be my masterpiece its my seventh frame i have built so far. It is the same height as a super chub without the wings. I call it the "IJAD Alcolyte"

Nice staff! I also like the somewhat unique body shape.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Jdub-cc56 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:31 am

gusindor wrote:
Jdub-cc56 wrote:This would have to be my masterpiece its my seventh frame i have built so far. It is the same height as a super chub without the wings. I call it the "IJAD Alcolyte"

Nice staff! I also like the somewhat unique body shape.

Thanks! :D I stole the basic leg design from P.B. on Flickr
Jdub-cc56
Young Gun

Postby Atavism » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:36 pm

So, I've been building tiny robots for a little less than a year now, and I've been avoiding posting anything here. Part of this is because I know I have a tenancy to adore whatever project I'm working on right up until I start the next one, part of it is that I never wanted to pick something as being "the Masterpiece," only to think of something better the next month. I feel like I've built up enough of a portfolio that I won't feel bad picking a winner. It was kind of down between my Ettin or Ifrit. And if the rest of this looks tl;dr then the Ettin is my masterpiece, because it was planned where the Ifrit was kinda a happy accident. Go give them lots of favs or upvotes or whatever.

Going through my collection got me thinking though, just about what I've build and how I got into this stuff, and I was struck by how great and welcoming this community is. There is an intense focus on sharing and craft where other communities would stoop to turf wars and accusing each other of biting styles, and without that sharing I don't know if I would even have figured out how to do half this stuff. I had gotten my start just straight up copying Neoaez's "Assaultmate" pattern, and I learned a ton of stuff just kind of staring at things Dukayn had built. Like many people here, I churned out a number of Soren's classic chubs. In fact, some of my favorite pieces are just other people's stuff with some changes to make them suit my taste. (Not to mention that phase I went through after I saw this.)

Every time I worked someone else's design I learned something useful, and I sincerely believe everyone has some thing they can contribute the the collective knowledge of the community regardless of their skill level or the depth of their brick bucket. Like I said, everything I build is predicated on little bits and pieces I've learned from others along the way, so instead of ferreting out something that was 100% pure 'me' from my collection, I made something of a love letter to the community to stand in for my masterpiece.

Spoiler: show

The arms are picked up from Zerovirus, but with those ladders I like to use, the legs are pretty much straight from that Eduty build I linked earlier, with some jagged sculpting rather than smooth (and heels), and the torso has a lot of architecture cribbed from A. Yates' "Gremlin," but turned on its side (not to mention the chrome dagger equip is all him). Toss in some little restyling and a neat part use for the eye lens, and it all cobbles together into something new, and I like to think it strongly reflects what I've been building toward in my own personal style.

Maybe it's not the best thing I've made, or will make, but I think it is the right thing to put here.

And thank you.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:19 pm

I've got over 500 posts into this community, but never before in this thread. The community response to my recent build has been so exceptional that I think perhaps I might dare to stand alongside these giants.

The B-025 Razor:

Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Kazud » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:19 pm

That frame came out exceptionaly well, so you should have it here for sure. Sweet!
Kazud
Young Gun

Postby FragsturBait » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:21 am

While not using any groundbreaking techniques or presenting any new ideas, these guys are probably one of my favorite creations ever.

Because mecha-squirrel army.
FragsturBait
Talkative

Postby FrostCollar » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:44 pm

I really avoided posting in here for a long time because I was certain that none of my frames were truly good enough, but after some thought I think I'll put my Dragoon design in here. It's by a large margin the oldest design that I've kept and hits all the important elements of a good design for me. It's pretty stable, modular, and uses relatively simple parts. Next to even my most complex builts I still feel proud of this guy.
FrostCollar
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:23 pm

I've thought deeply about it and decided to have my old pal Boxy Boy here.

It's simple to build, relatively stable and great for gameplay. It embodies a lot of what I've learned with you guys over the last year. It may not be my most popular frame, or the most involved, but I simply love it as it is.

ImageBoxy Boy by Vitor Faria, no Flickr
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Previous

Return to Frame Designs