Acid Shock Core (faction)

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Acid Shock Core (faction)

Postby Thaddeus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:10 pm

This is the Solar Union's long arm in Thesis. Acid Squads are deployed from dropships on important targets, to get in and get out before Free Colonial forces can respond.

Direct fire;

Supplie and ordinance ship;

An officer's frame;

Garage frame; (Btw, do you guys like it better with or without the head?)

And of course, sometimes even garage frames have to fight.

Here's an mobile hovercraft weapon platform.

Last edited by Thaddeus on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Acid S.S. (faction)

Postby aimforthetop » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:19 pm

These shapes and colors are incredible, Thaddeus. I love everything here, rich in detail but not oversized or overdone.
aimforthetop
Been Around The Block

Postby mraichelson » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:40 am

Great great stuff.

And I vote for "no head" on the garage frame.
I put together frame building kits (and links to folks selling companies) at MobileFra.me.
mraichelson
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 am

mraichelson wrote:And I vote for "no head" on the garage frame.

I'm going to say no head when it has weapon arms, head when it has regular arms.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby darksyntax » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:27 pm

As said above, great work. Perfect balance between detail and clean, bold shapes. These look like great game pieces. Love the colors: the bleys make for a solid military/industrial base and the light blue and trans light blue really shine.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Re: Acid Shock Core (faction)

Postby Thaddeus » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Okay, here's the inevitable* acid superchub.

Also, how do you see the head of a chub? Do you see the "forward" direction as a single stud, like this:

or as two studs, like this:

(I see it as two studs, though the official position is one stud.)

while I'm taking surveys, who here has constructed a Suzarian? (Might be misspelling that.) I don't seem to have seen many mods or mentions of it here on the forum.

Oh, and one more thing: did any of you notice my horrible whack-job on the banner at the top? Here's the original photo.

Heres another photo.

Plus the original:

*inevitable because the superchub is my favorite frame as far as looks go. Mitten's assault chubs were what first pulled me into MF0. Speaking of which, does anybody know of a breakdown of the alternate 3 stud chassis used for the assault chub and the ST-06?
Last edited by Thaddeus on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:45 am

I used to see it as two studs was a "face", but I changed at some point to labelling one stud as a "face", as it seemed the most likely spot to put a visual sensor eye.
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Foghammer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:53 am

LowestFormOfWit wrote:I used to see it as two studs was a "face", but I changed at some point to labelling one stud as a "face", as it seemed the most likely spot to put a visual sensor eye.

Same here. After a while, the cyclops-eye grew on me. I grew up playing Megaman Legends on the Playstation, so I came to see it as the Reaverbot eye effect. I think most people think of the Zaku from Gundam, though. My first Gundam was "Wing" so I missed out on that era.

At any rate, these look nice. If you are concerned about the position of the head and facing, you could use alternative heads. LFOW's Gernsback (v2) uses one of my new favorite head designs, though you can get similar effects using a travis brick on its side if you put a 1x1 tile on top.

I really like the two pictures of the chub and the scramblers. XD
Foghammer
Old Guard

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Foghammer wrote:LFOW's Gernsback (v2) uses one of my new favorite head designs, though you can get similar effects using a travis brick on its side if you put a 1x1 tile on top.

You're in for a treat tomorrow.
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thaddeus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Here's some more:

It looks quite weird when placed on it's side.

Here's the three stud chassis that I was trying to figure out.

Last edited by Thaddeus on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dukayn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Some pics not working there.

Thaddeus wrote:Here's the three stud chassis that I was trying to figure out.

Nice. Have you seen the other 3-wide Chub torsos? MittenNinja used them quite a bit. Quite similar but just a couple of differences. Not saying they are any better or worse. There are only so many ways to build a 3-wide Chub torso, after all :)
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby Foghammer » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:34 pm

I like this one quite a bit though, the 3-stud torso. I like that there's a single stud exposed in the center that helps add to the taper ever so slightly. Those arches coming down into the slopes are sleek as well.

That's an interesting design for that transport/shuttle looking craft, but it looks a might small for 7p scale, unless it's a one-seater. Of course, that assumes you plan to stay in 7p scale at all, and that the transport is intended to carry troops or some such. If neither of those is true, then my comment is invalid. Looks great though. Love those mudguards.
Foghammer
Old Guard

Postby Thaddeus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Whoops, sorry about the images. Fixed.

Foghammer wrote:That's an interesting design for that transport/shuttle looking craft, but it looks a might small for 7p scale, unless it's a one-seater. Of course, that assumes you plan to stay in 7p scale at all, and that the transport is intended to carry troops or some such.

Good point. I was trying to figure out what it should be; originally I was thinking a transport/train, but as you said, it's a bit small for that. Also, the massive booster contraption on the back suggests some serious speed, but the bottom is so flat...
In short, I'm wondering too. Any suggestions on what it should be?
Last edited by Thaddeus on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Foghammer » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Thaddeus wrote:Whoops, sorry about the images. Fixed.

Foghammer wrote:That's an interesting design for that transport/shuttle looking craft, but it looks a might small for 7p scale, unless it's a one-seater. Of course, that assumes you plan to stay in 7p scale at all, and that the transport is intended to carry troops or some such.

Good point. I was trying to figure out what it should be; originally I was thinking a transport/train, but as you said, it's a bit small for that. Also, the massive booster contraption on the back suggests some serious speed, but the bottom is so flat...
In short, I'm wondering too. Any suggestions on what it should be?

A high-speed transport for high-priority extractions of important individuals? Politicians and whatnot like to have vehicles like that handy it seems like.
Foghammer
Old Guard

Postby Thaddeus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:45 am

Dukayn wrote:Have you seen the other 3-wide Chub torsos? MittenNinja used them quite a bit. Quite similar but just a couple of differences. Not saying they are any better or worse. There are only so many ways to build a 3-wide Chub torso, after all :)

That post was actually answering my own question. Here's what I had written above:

Thaddeus wrote:Okay, here's the inevitable* acid superchub...
*inevitable because the superchub is my favorite frame as far as looks go. Mitten's assault chubs were what first pulled me into MF0. Speaking of which, does anybody know of a breakdown of the alternate 3 stud chassis used for the assault chub and the ST-06?
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thaddeus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:46 pm

A new frame!

The Crab.
Last edited by Thaddeus on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thaddeus » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:05 am

And another. The Ballerina.

d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d8G d6Y d6B d6W d6W

Last edited by Thaddeus on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Riptor25 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:58 pm

These are some really awesome frames! I especially like the unconventional hovertank and ships. They all look so sleek!
A [Single-Set] Challenger has appeared!
"Use your head you can success. Price may discount, BUT enjoy never discount." The Boot-Lego guarantee.
Riptor25
Talkative

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Hey, I like a bunch of this stuff, but I'd very much appreciate it if you changed the name from "S.S." to keep with the "no naming things for Nazi institutions" publication rule. I've got some enthusiasm to express for the frames, but I don't really want to discuss that stuff until the name changes.
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Dukayn » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:57 pm

The S.S. on this stands for "Shock Squad" which isn't what it stood for under Nazi Germany. Does it slide by the non-facism filter on that? Not trying to pick a fight, just trying to make sure this isn't smacked down for the wrong reasons.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Next

Return to Frame Designs