Ijad Scout

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Ijad Scout

Postby Thaddeus » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:29 pm

This is mainly a showcase for the legs I've developed so far for my signature frame. (Like xgundam05 wrote on his blog, many builders have a main frame that they use for their signatures and makes you think of them; the mgn for Malcolm, the chub for Soren, and so on. I'm trying to achieve that.) Anyways, here it is.

And here they are on a chub.

I promise that I will find a better lighting solution. Summer is coming, so hopefully I'll be able to get good photos using sunlight! I apologize if my current horrid photos burn your retinas. :cry:
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Ijad Scout

Postby NimbusAConflict » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:26 am

Summer? Nay, WINTER is coming...
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/
When the End of the World comes, I can assure you, I will be partying to hard to notice.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Zero Revenge » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:18 am

NimbusAConflict wrote:Summer? Nay, WINTER is coming...

King in the North!!
Self-appointed lore buff.
http://mfzarcadia.wordpress.com/ - Keep up to date on the War for Arcadia
Zero Revenge
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thaddeus » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:25 am

Very true-I live way up here in Washington.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Raejin99 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:22 pm

I like the design, very minimalist while still keeping visual appeal. I'd love to have a closer look at the legs, though, since from what you said they seem to be the main focus of the design.
Raejin99
Newcomer

Postby NimbusAConflict » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Looks like a pistol tuck in a travis brick, with a tile clip on the back and toe to form the foot.
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/
When the End of the World comes, I can assure you, I will be partying to hard to notice.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thaddeus » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Heres a better view. It's basically a decorated travis with a tap connecting it to the foot.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby jugglervr » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:24 am

Thaddeus wrote:I promise that I will find a better lighting solution. Summer is coming, so hopefully I'll be able to get good photos using sunlight! I apologize if my current horrid photos burn your retinas. :cry:

there's not enough light coming from them to burn anything I have. ;)

maybe try backlighting with your monitor and bouncing the light back in? super no-budget lighting technique:
http://www.mobileframehangar.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2824
jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby Deathzero » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:36 pm

jugglervr wrote:
Thaddeus wrote:I promise that I will find a better lighting solution. Summer is coming, so hopefully I'll be able to get good photos using sunlight! I apologize if my current horrid photos burn your retinas. :cry:

there's not enough light coming from them to burn anything I have. ;)

maybe try backlighting with your monitor and bouncing the light back in? super no-budget lighting technique:
http://www.mobileframehangar.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2824

I'm sorry but I think that technique makes it harder to tell details on a frame. The pics you have posted there the background is so bright it's hard to make out a lot of detail on the frame.
Sieg Zeon.
Deathzero
Been Around The Block

Postby jugglervr » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Deathzero wrote:I'm sorry but I think that technique makes it harder to tell details on a frame. The pics you have posted there the background is so bright it's hard to make out a lot of detail on the frame.

Harder than op's images? It's not meant to be the best light ever; just a no-budget way to get some pics up. :)
jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby Deathzero » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:28 pm

jugglervr wrote:
Deathzero wrote:I'm sorry but I think that technique makes it harder to tell details on a frame. The pics you have posted there the background is so bright it's hard to make out a lot of detail on the frame.

Harder than op's images? It's not meant to be the best light ever; just a no-budget way to get some pics up. :)

Well the darker pictures tend to hurt my eyes less. Sorry, but the super bright monitor background hurts my eyes. I usually use a wall of grey lego's and natural sunlight for my pics. They tend to come out well enough.
Sieg Zeon.
Deathzero
Been Around The Block

Postby Thaddeus » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:33 pm

The common idea here from multiple people seems to be to use sunlight. I'll experiment with both sunlight and monitors. :)
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs