Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby CmdrRook » Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 pm

Nothing to say here that hasn't been said already. I have an extensive Bannson's Raiders collection gathering dust, myself. I'm enjoying the chub scale Thor immensely, and have been wrestling with how to properly represent my favorite, the Nova (Blackjack).
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu May 24, 2018 1:38 am

CmdrRook wrote:… I'm enjoying the chub scale Thor immensely, and have been wrestling with how to properly represent my favorite, the Nova (Blackjack).

Thanks CmdrRook. When I was looking back at my previous BattleTech/MechWarrior builds, it surprised me that I had not yet done a Thor. Its almost as iconic at the Mad Cat. so I had to correct this oversight.
Question for you though. The favorite you mentioned, are you talking about the Clan mech Nova? If so, the Inner Sphere name is actually Blackhawk, though the Inner Sphere do have a mech of their own called Blackjack. I was just asking to get some clarification because it sounded a bit confusing.

I have noticed that the Micro Locust has been getting a lot of attention recently. I decided to build a few variants off it. I would have liked them all to be the same color so I can use them in a cohesive company, but I'm limited in pieces again. Got to make another bricklink order soon.

ImageLocust Plague
LEFT TO RIGHT
Brown: d6Rd d6Rd Medium Laser, d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Large Lasers, d6G Jump Jets
Yellow: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Lots of Small Lasers, d6G Jump Jets
Black/White: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Small Laser and SRM's, d6G Jump Jets
Blue: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Machine Guns, d6Rd d6Rd Medium Laser
Red: d6Rd d6Rd Medium Laser, d6B ECM Suite, d6Y Active Beagle Probe, d6G Jump Jets
Tan: d6Ra d6Ra Large Laser, d6B ECM Suite, d6B Anti-Missile System

Hope you enjoyed and I am anxiously awaiting any comments you wish to share if any.

EDIT
I've also included an LDD file for anyone interested. Its only for the blue model, but its easily customizable if you so desire
Micro Locust LDD
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu May 24, 2018 2:17 am

Dude these look great! The Blue and Black/White are my favs. The entire company has a really nice style to it. Some awesome work :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu May 24, 2018 8:46 pm

KungFujiApple wrote:Dude these look great! The Blue and Black/White are my favs. The entire company has a really nice style to it. Some awesome work :)

Thank you so much KungFujiApple. I like the Blue one as well, and the Black/White one is an actual micro sized version of a Chub sized Locust I did a while back for my B.T. Light Lance. Here's the original
ImageMWO Locust

CmdrRook: You mentioned you were wrestling how to properly represent the Nova (I am assuming you mean the Clan mech since I have not yet heard back from you). I went ahead and made one. It's NOT perfect, but maybe it'll give you ideas on your own build. I really hope this helps.

ImageB.T. Blackhawk (Nova)
Blackhawk (Nova): d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Lots and Lots of Lasers, d6G Jump Jets

Hope you all enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Thu May 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Haha, that Nova is spot on, gotta love the laser forearms!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sat May 26, 2018 12:56 am

My series of Micro mechs continues. LOL. I showed my Micro Jenner IIcs and Locusts to my gaming group and they seemed impressed. I was even asked if I was going to start a whole new BattleTech campaign with just these chibi lego builds. I have not yet decided yet if I will or not, but the possibility is there.

Here are some more micro mechs to feast your eyes upon!
ImageSome More Micro Mech
LEFT TO RIGHT
Centurion: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Autocannon/10 and LRM
Blackhawk (Nova) d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers, d6G Jump Jets
Hollander: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Super Heavy Gauss Rifle

I apologize for the strange look of the Centurion, I do not have a small enough piece to give the mech the famous mohawk crest on the top of it's head, I had to make due with what I have.

But the micro does not end here! Oh no no no. Like the Energizer Bunny, it keeps going and going and going...

Curse the UrbanMechs and their Chibi Cuteness! CURSE THEM I SAY! lol :lol:
ImageMicro UrbanMechs
All Equipped with d6Ra d6Ra Autocannon/10, d6Rd d6Rd Small Laser, d6Y Active Beagle Probe, d6G Jump Jets

I've done perhaps more UrbanMechs recently than any other build. And all in various sizes too. The White/Black one is Standard Chub size
ImageUrbie Sizes

Who knows, maybe one day I'll make an even smaller UrbanMech... :| … We'll see.
Until then I hope you enjoyed and I am always awaiting any and all comments that you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby CmdrRook » Sat May 26, 2018 12:58 am

Artasid wrote:CmdrRook: You mentioned you were wrestling how to properly represent the Nova (I am assuming you mean the Clan mech since I have not yet heard back from you). I went ahead and made one. It's NOT perfect, but maybe it'll give you ideas on your own build. I really hope this helps.

ImageB.T. Blackhawk (Nova)

You're absolutely right, and I think you did a smashing job on it, too. I had difficulty on selling that the shoulder and hip joint nested together in my meager attempts, but the mixel pin was an option I never considered. Well done.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat May 26, 2018 7:56 am

The Chub sized locust is awesome, love the feet on that. I will have to keep that design in mind if make some walker frames :) . The micro urban mechs are terrific! Love them. Really diggin the micro Hollander too. Nice work! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon May 28, 2018 9:40 pm

Never enough urbies!

I really envy your full company of the red small ones!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Tue May 29, 2018 2:48 am

CmdrRook wrote:You're absolutely right, and I think you did a smashing job on it, too. I had difficulty on selling that the shoulder and hip joint nested together in my meager attempts, but the mixel pin was an option I never considered. Well done.

The legs were the hardest to figure out correctly. My first attempt had it look more like a Ryoken (Stormcrow) than a Blackhawk (Nova). When I realized that the hip and shoulder were essentially the same joint, the best idea I was able to come up with was the mixel pin you see here. Too bad I could not figure out how to make the hip look more rounded like the original, but like I said, it's not perfect. It was merely a build to help inspire suggestions and ideas. I'm glad it did just that.

KungFujiApple wrote:The Chub sized locust is awesome, love the feet on that. I will have to keep that design in mind if make some walker frames :) .

Thank you KungFujiApple, the Locust feet were not my idea. I saw another build use it, I want to say it was one of VitorFaria's but I can not remember exactly so I might be wrong.

KungFujiApple wrote:...The micro urban mechs are terrific! Love them.

VitorFaria wrote:Never enough urbies! I really envy your full company of the red small ones!

URBIES WILL RULE THE WORLD!! lol
Thanks guys. I'm please how well they turned out despite their small stature.

A friend of mine who also plays MWO has asked a personal request that I build for him 2 Chub sized Locusts. One Pirates Bane Hero Locust, and one standard. I accepted
ImagePirates Bane and Standard Locust
Pirates Bane: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Light Machine Guns, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual ER Small Lasers
Green Standard: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Light Machine Guns, d6Rd d6Rd Medium Laser, d6Y Active Beagle Probe.

I think I did a fair job on them, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Also, before I forget, I made a few more Micro Mechs-
(What is with my obsession with micro chibiness? :? )

ImageEven More Micro Mechs
BACK ROW:
Vultures (Mad Dogs): d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers, d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRMs
FRONT ROW
Commando: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Medium Laser and SRM
Flea: d6Rh d6Rh Flamer, d6Rd d6Rd Small Laser
Owens: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRMs, d6Y Sensor Dome

ImageMicro Mech Match

Hope you all enjoyed and as always I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share. (Or questions, ideas, threats, insults, whatever you wish to share)
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu May 31, 2018 1:35 pm

Decided to do a Firefly mech, both as Chub size and micro because I felt like it. lol

ImageB.T. Fireflys
Fireflys: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers, d6G Jump Jets

Taking a break from BattleTech/MechWarrior, I decided on building this next guy, the S0L-Sturdy

ImageS0L-Sturdy
ImageS0L-Sturdy with Chub
S0L-Sturdy: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Blasters, d6B d6B Lots of Armor Plates

I hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Thu May 31, 2018 9:00 pm

I really like that Firefly, even while not being familiar with the source material. The tube body is legit.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Thu May 31, 2018 9:38 pm

The sturdy really look the part, interesting use of a 3 wide body!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:36 am

That micro mech match looks awesome! Loving the Firefly micro, great use of parts for that. And I am a big fan of the Sturdy. That is an awesome name for that frame, and an awesome frame design.
VitorFaria wrote:The sturdy really look the part, interesting use of a 3 wide body!
I totally agree. Some really nice work :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:46 pm

I decided to try and build some Chocobo frames (For those who don't know, Chocobos are bird like creatures often featured in Final Fantasy series). I've been meaning to try my hand at some for a while and I finally got around to it.

ImageChocobos
Chocobos
YELLOW: No Systems, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
WHITE: d6B d6B Armor Shields and Plating, d6G Leg Enhancements, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

After posting these on my Flickr account, J Dennis commented that a frame needed to be riding on it's back. A standard Chub did not look right on it (Since both are roughly the same height) but I did have 1 frame that seemed brave enough to atleast try riding one.

ImageChocobo Ridin

Hope you all enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Hahahaha! Awesome! Just pure awesome! Fantastic job. Love it! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:54 pm

While experimenting with my micro Jenner and Jenner IIC builds, I decided to use the main head/torso build for the starting point of a new random. I have no good name for it so I'm simply calling it JenHead

ImageJenHead
JenHead: d6Rh d6Rh Battle Ax, d6Rd d6Rd Short Range Swarmers, d6Y Search Light

And here are some more of my BattleTech/MechWarrior micro builds

ImageJenner IIc Varients
GREEN: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRMs, d6B Anti-Missile System, d6Y Active Beagle Probe
RED: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Light Autocannons, d6B d6B Extra Armor Plating

ImageJenner Trio
Jenner Trio: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Medium Lasers and SRM, d6G Jump Jets

I'm particuarlly proud of the yellow Chub sized Jenner because I used a unique T-piece and clip technique for the legs and weapon pods connection. One I will be experimenting more with later.
I hope you all enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:17 am

I am liking the JenHead, has a "hunched" look to it that's pretty cool. I'm glad you mentioned in the comments about how you designed the chub sized Jenner. I didn't originally notice how you used the "unique T-piece and clip technique". Very nice :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Excellent work with all those Jenners, Artasid!

That joint trick with the yellow one is super clever!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:05 pm

The IrN-Stout is a bit of an oddity in frame designs. Though it has quad legs, they are mostly used for stability rather than mobility. Designers of this frame were attempting to achieve a frame that would fill the role of garrison duties as well as provide semi stationary defenses. Because of the weight allowance of the legs, the IrN-Stout has been known to carry heavier weapon systems, however, the model shown here has been the most common loadout, mostly used as a last line of defense against attacking units. Affectionately, pilots of this frame, among many others, have nicknamed this frame "The Iron Skirt" because of it's armored leg design.

ImageIrN-Stout
Stout: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Machine Gun Arrays, d6Y Targeting Scope, d6B Armored Legs

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs