Evolving Meech-Meech

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Evolving Meech-Meech

Postby pepitosegrilla » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:40 pm

Two years ago, I made my squad, and now I feel I can do better
This is the new "walker-type" mech I came up with
I still call it "Meech-Meech", because it's just funny to me (maybe I should surname it "Mk2")
(LDD doesn't allow me to properly place the grill slopes on the knees)
Attachments
meech-meech.jpg
Last edited by pepitosegrilla on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Re: Evolving Meech-Meech

Postby pepitosegrilla » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:41 pm

This is the original post with my frames 2 years ago
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6017&p=47590&hilit=meech+meech#p47590
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Postby pepitosegrilla » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:45 pm

I also modified the "crawler-type" one. "Holy CRAB" is the name
Attachments
holy crab.jpg
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 am

That walker looks so nimble, I almost want to give it a d6G just by how light and fast it seems. It evokes a Road Runner, so my brain transposed the name to "Meep-Meep."

The Crab, His Holiness, has a very tough and durable look, but seems purpose-built instead of adapted for ruggedness, like a crustacean that lives among boulders and violent waves. I'm impressed that all of this can be conveyed with a relatively simple design that is very space conscious. How does its footprint compare to most scrambler types?
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby pepitosegrilla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:43 am

CmdrRook wrote:That walker looks so nimble, I almost want to give it a d6G just by how light and fast it seems. It evokes a Road Runner, so my brain transposed the name to "Meep-Meep."

The Crab, His Holiness, has a very tough and durable look, but seems purpose-built instead of adapted for ruggedness, like a crustacean that lives among boulders and violent waves. I'm impressed that all of this can be conveyed with a relatively simple design that is very space conscious. How does its footprint compare to most scrambler types?

Thanks, I think I have to quote you for the back stories, ;) I had no flavor in mind while experimenting with shapes, I'm affraid :?
For the scrambler refference, a picture is worth a thousand words :lol:
Attachments
crab vs scrambler.jpg
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:05 pm

CmdrRook wrote:That walker looks so nimble, I almost want to give it a d6G just by how light and fast it seems....
The Crab, His Holiness, has a very tough and durable look, but seems purpose-built instead of adapted for ruggedness, like a crustacean that lives among boulders and violent waves. I'm impressed that all of this can be conveyed with a relatively simple design that is very space conscious.

CmdrRook expressed almost exactly what I was feeling. These are some great builds. The Meech Meech is so well put together, it just looks great. Holy CRAB, holy cow! It's such a kickin looking frame. Your original builds look nice and these upgrades are just plain remarkable. Some great, Great designs! Keep up the awesome work :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:14 pm

I'm gonna have to start singing 'Oh Holy Crab" instead of Holy Night during the holidays now. lol
I really like it, and the fact that it's smaller than a Scrambler only makes it more appealing. Very well done
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby pepitosegrilla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:32 pm

Thank you all for the kind words :) but I'm quite surprised that you mostly like the second plate better :D (which is the crab) over the big star! But maybe it's because the crab was so easy to put together, because it's recycled technology from other frame... Which, on the other hand, took me AGES to refine, so maybe I forgot that :D

Anyways I'm glad to say that I have almost all the necessary parts to put them together for real, so here you go
Attachments
FOTO_20180220_223028.jpg
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:49 pm

I really like the 1x3 slope as the waist armor on the biped. You really made the part both pop and complement the look of the frame really naturally!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby pepitosegrilla » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:33 am

VitorFaria wrote:I really like the 1x3 slope as the waist armor on the biped. You really made the part both pop and complement the look of the frame really naturally!

It's funny you say that, because that's the most "controversial" feature of the design. Some friends think it's too extravagant, and "plain ugly" (I may be overstating a bit there :D). But I think its bold, and makes the frame stand out. So your unsolicited support on this issue is highly valuable :D
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:17 am

This as an actual build looks fantastic. The Holy Crab looks great, and the Meech-Meech is stellar! Humongous fan of the Meech-Meech! Everything about that build comes together so nicely, and what makes it so awesome is the complex simplicity, which is not easy to do in design. So nice to see it in actuality :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby HyveMynd » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:24 am

pepitosegrilla wrote:Thank you all for the kind words :) but I'm quite surprised that you mostly like the second plate better :D (which is the crab) over the big star! But maybe it's because the crab was so easy to put together, because it's recycled technology from other frame... Which, on the other hand, took me AGES to refine, so maybe I forgot that :D

Anyways I'm glad to say that I have almost all the necessary parts to put them together for real, so here you go

I really like that Meech-Meech. I'm a big fan of quick, nimble frames, and that thing just screams speed and maneuverability. I will absolutely be trying to brick some of those up. So awesome.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

Philly Expat in Japan | audio editor by day RPG creator by night | Monsterhearts fan | LEGO builder | Netrunner player | she/her
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby pepitosegrilla » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 pm

KungFujiApple wrote: ...complex simplicity...

Nice term, I've struggled myself to define that style, ¿is it simple? ¿is it complex? ...Looks like it's both... :)
Thanks for the comment, I appreciate
pepitosegrilla
Chatty

Return to Frame Designs