Among the Sands

Show off and discuss your objectives and table-top terrain
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Among the Sands

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Recently I decided to start expanding my terrain selection beyond the amorphous collection of desert wall/rock cover segments I've had kicking around for awhile. Here are some of the pieces I've come up with so far:
Landing Pad by mtspacemonkey, on Flickr
This one originated from the fact that I really wanted to find a use for the big dark bley octagon plate which I had received as a gift from my wife (part of a grab-bag of random LEGO parts she bought me). After kicking around a few plans, I hit on the idea of a landing pad and the rest of it came together pretty quick; the base tan octagon plate was a later acquisition I used to swap in place of several smaller tan plates I had originally been using.

Habs Front and Back by mtspacemonkey, on Flickr
The idea for these came out of an old Background thread, so I played around until I made up some cheap prefab housing units of my own.

Hab Duplex by mtspacemonkey, on Flickr
I knew I wanted to show the utility and flexibility of the units so I made sure to pick up a few of the right roof/slope pieces so I could combine two units in any which way.

Hab Duplex Back by mtspacemonkey, on Flickr
Definitely pleased with the final results. :)

Stone Arch by mtspacemonkey, on Flickr
And this was just an effort to make a larger/taller terrain piece that would fit in with my other rock cover pieces.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Among the Sands

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:39 pm

So what kind of Damage can these take?
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:25 pm

These are all fairly robust if I'm remembering my brick counts correctly. A hab would take 5 hits before it dropped below 3 bricks high; the duplex would take roughly double that. The landing pad also could take 5 hits if all the lights and components had to be removed before the actual pad. The stone arch would take 4 hits. Though come to think of it, once the upper components of the duplex and the arch are destroyed the remaining pieces would be on separate bases; so an argument could be made for treating each base as separate cover elements at that point.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Those prefabs are gorgeous!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:24 am

Awesome man! Just awesome :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Thanks you two! I'm hoping to lay everything out on a table soon and get a feel of what/how much terrain I still need to build to provide a reasonable amount of cover to fight in/around.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Mobile Frame Terrain