Turret Stations

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:27 pm

image.jpeg

Based off of various cannon pictures I saw on Flicker
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Re: Turret Stations

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:15 am

First off, those look amazing. Second, any chance you'd post a breakdown picture?
Erebus awaits us all...
d8Rh This is the way of the Ninja d8Rh
NinjaLegendDoom
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:51 am

NinjaLegendDoom wrote:First off, those look amazing. Second, any chance you'd post a breakdown picture?

Thank you :) although this was very heavily influenced by a combination of other designes that I saw.

Sure here's a breakdown, I chose the smaller of the two because it would be simpler to provide a breakdown, plus it pretty much the same as the larger one, except the larger one has more "flair" :lol: :

Top and Bottom:
image.jpeg

Bottom:
image.jpeg

I might add that the left and right foot hold connectors are placed on top of the bottom foot hold connectors because the left and right connecting piece sits one plate high
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:58 am

Top - Plate Shield and Barrel:
image.jpeg

Plate Shield:
image.jpeg

Barrel:
image.jpeg

I would like to mention how the white rod is very important (wow that doesn't sound right :lol: ). It holds the entire barrel together all the way through.

Any further questions please feel free to ask :)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm

These look great and incredibly realistic. I love what you did with the ski pieces as shields and I love the look of the four support struts. Great job!
Sponsored by The Bike CompanyTM and Big Ol' Bikes, Inc.TM
Aardvark17
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm actually kind of jealous that you can make such authentic looking turrets! These would go wonderfully as stations to Skrob's Spodertonks. lol
I would love to recreate these but unfortunately, there are some key pieces in this build that I do not have (The minifig skis in particular)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Aardvark17 wrote:These look great and incredibly realistic. I love what you did with the ski pieces as shields and I love the look of the four support struts. Great job!

Thank you very much :)

Artasid wrote:I'm actually kind of jealous that you can make such authentic looking turrets! These would go wonderfully as stations to Skrob's Spodertonks. lol
I would love to recreate these but unfortunately, there are some key pieces in this build that I do not have (The minifig skis in particular)

The cool thing about making a kind of "generic" style station is that it can go with almost anything. So it can be used with several different companies. Need an extra station, or just wanna change up a station, the generic style station is where it's at :lol:

And don't be jealous, these turret builds were just a combo of a few ideas from other different builds I saw and from working with the pieces I had. By improvising a little I was able to come up with the Plate Shield, which is nothing special in itself. Try out different looks, combos, and ideas with what you have and you'll probably find our something even better. :D
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Return to Mobile Frame Terrain