First Armed Fleet Dropship

Show off and discuss your objectives and table-top terrain
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

First Armed Fleet Dropship

Postby VitorFaria » Wed May 31, 2017 11:04 pm

Decided to summon the power of big grey plates and revisit the concept of a frame dropship.

It's mostly just plate box with wings, but that look was what I was going for. Somewhat inspired by the Leopard class from Battletech.

The doors can be opened and closed completely. It's also capable of holding a full company of about six standard sized frames (Chub/Lockon sized) comfortably and a few more if you don't care about them standing evenly.

ImageFirst Armed Fleet Dropship by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: First Armed Fleet Dropship

Postby Artasid » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:34 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Woah...
Just...
Woah!

That's an awful lot of details to look at, plus the functioning hangerbay is over the top! You've really outdone yourself this time VitorFaria! Excellent job
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Been Around The Block

Postby Cake » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:15 am

Nice work! It looks brilliant!
Rooftop Racing Rules (Version 0.4.0) Version 0.5.0 coming soon, with some big changes.

CK Industries
CK-01 Hephaestus
CK-02 Artemis
Prototype Frames
CK-06 Aries
Cake
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:46 am

I like the way you fit the panels together on the side. It's going to be close to indestructible on the field though.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:33 am

Thanks guys!

Mantisking wrote:It's going to be close to indestructible on the field though.

I'm probably going to house rule it to have a fixed amount of damage it can take, lesser than it would following the six bricks rule. Probably about six to eight hits until it explodes and vanishes from the play area.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:25 pm

VitorFaria wrote:I'm probably going to house rule it to have a fixed amount of damage it can take...

On large structures, I've house ruled the number of bricks that are removed (generally double). It works well and creates battlefields full of destruction. (As long as you don't mind shredding your carefully crafted terrain.)
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Blorf wrote:On large structures, I've house ruled the number of bricks that are removed (generally double). It works well and creates battlefields full of destruction. (As long as you don't mind shredding your carefully crafted terrain.)

That thing is so over-reliant on plate-to-plate connections that it would be next to impossible to disassemble it properly in a game, even with brick separators.
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:50 am

I probably wouldn't use it as cover at all, then. Keeping track separately of the hits on cover sounds cumbersome and not something I'd want to add to a game.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:31 am

Blorf wrote:I probably wouldn't use it as cover at all, then. Keeping track separately of the hits on cover sounds cumbersome and not something I'd want to add to a game.

It doesn't need to be cumbersome at all. I could add damage marker studs to it, or simply count large chunks taken out of it until it reaches the "vanishes from play are threshold".
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Return to Mobile Frame Terrain