Repair Bay Stations

Show off and discuss your objectives and table-top terrain
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Repair Bay Stations

Postby PJ_Nichts » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:46 am

ImageRepair Bay Station by PJ Nichts, on Flickr

Built some field repair bays stations. I've always been drawn to the idea of having a repair bay as a station, something you want to capture and protect. I'm not necessarily a fan of repairing mechs during battle, but it is something you definitely want to do afterwords. And if you mechs are stations far from base where is that going to happen?

Of course, I've always run into the issue of how do I make something 4x4 (or relatively close) but is still also large enough to fix a mech? Then this Idea came to me. A corner spire with arms that fold off of it. These are tall all enough for standard mechs to fit under. The plate is mostly for support and aesthetics, with the tower portion of it being the capturable space.

PJ_Nichts
Newcomer

Re: Repair Bay Stations

Postby Blorf » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 am

Not sure why this seems to have been overlooked, but this is really great work. I love the thought you put into actual gameplay utility as well. (Sometimes I wonder if this community is still about gaming or just building Lego robots...)
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:59 am

They got a lot of attention when someone posted them to the Facebook group. And I can confirm they look just as awesome in person.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:46 pm

Blorf wrote:(Sometimes I wonder if this community is still about gaming or just building Lego robots...)

Hang out more in the MF0 social media and you will see that it very much still is.

The thing is that people are much more likely to ask quick game questions and post game pictures in social media nowadays. Bothering to still post builds here because it's easier to refer to in the future.

This is a shame, really, as that other stuff still deserves to survive on the long term, but this is how people behave nowadays. I try to convince people to migrate conversations to here as much as possible, but in the end of the day is up to each one of us to decide what's the best use fo our digital footprint.

Honestly, if not for the builds, this forum would be dead already, so I'm grateful for them. Most other indie games don't have the luxury of that aspect to keep their forums afloat, so you can know that there are vast phpBB graveyards around the web, where it once stood proud small gaming communities. Ironically, I believe we are lucky to have the builds, as they sort of carry the rest of the stuff for beginners to see.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Return to Mobile Frame Terrain